Wednesday 9 February 2011

Sainsbury's Totalcare Whitening Toothpaste

Advantages: Low cost, has had some effect so far, minty.
Disadvantages: None
Keeping your teeth clean and healthy should be a priority for everyone, and choosing a good quality toothpaste should be top of your list. On my most recent shopping trip, I decided to try out the Sainsbury's own brand toothpaste, partly because it was cheaper and also because I fancied a change. The only one they had left of there own brand was there Whitening toothpaste, so I picked up a tube of that.

The box on the shelf is all white, with "Totalcare" in big blue letters on two of the sides. There is also a blue image on these sides, however I'm not too sure what it is meant to be. On the other two sides there is all the usual details and it also says that by using this toothpaste it will help to: "Fight plaque and decay", "Protect against cavities", "Maintain healthy gums" and "Gently restores the whiteness of teeth...". The tube of toothpaste contains 100ml of toothpaste and is 18cm long with a flick open cap on the end.

I have used whitening toothpaste before and have noticed a difference, but this was with more expensive brands. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be noticing a difference. On looking in the mirror, it is hard to tell, but overall they seem a bit whiter and cleaner. Fresh breathe from brushing in the morning is one of my main priorities from toothpaste, as if you have bad breath in the morning, then it's only going to get worse through-out the day. I have found that this toothpaste has quite a minty flavour and leaves your breath slightly minty. It also needs to brush your teeth well and spread through your mouth with ease. There is no recommended amount to use, so I use about a 1.5 x pea sized amount. I find that it froths up quite well in your mouth and spreads through my mouth easily. It is easy to work it into all parts of my mouth, which is what you want in a good toothpaste.

I expect this toothpaste will last quite a long time as for the time I have had it, there is still a lot left. I paid 79p for this tube, which is great value for whitening toothpaste. I can't say if it is as good as some of the branded whitening toothpastes as it is a hard comparison to make but I can say that it is a very good toothpaste and does what it says on the pack. Next time you are in Sainsbury's, pick up a tube and give it a try!

5/5 for the good price, longevity and general good cleaning.

May also appear on Ciao under the same username.
Summary: Great value whitening toothpaste that appears to of worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment