Monday 24 January 2011

Nivea Pure Fine Talc

Advantages: Plain and simple, you get exactly what it says on the bottle.
Disadvantages: None!
Talc is one of the most under-rated items that you will find in someone's bathroom. This particular talcum powder is one of the simplest and nicest I've tried.

Nivea Pure Fine Talc comes in a 300g plastic bottle that is 19cm tall, 7cm wide and 4cm deep. It is plain white all over except for the twist lid which is blue. On the front the blue Nivea logo/text can be found, and below it is the product name and a short description. On the back another label has all the boring information on, such as directions for use, ingredients, barcode etc.

On the back it is described as being "Lightly fragrenced, Nivea Pure Fine Talc will absorb moisture, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth". It then tells you that the directed way to use it is to smooth over your body after a wash.

The bottle itself contains a lot of talcum powder and it can be felt by the weight. To open it up you simply twist the blue cap anti-clockwise to open six small holes in the cap. Then to use it just shake some out and spread it in the desired areas. You have to be careful when it is full though as it comes out really quickly for the first few uses. To close it you just twist it in a clockwise direction and it is secure from spillage. Travelling with it in a bag is no problem at all. I have taken it away with me quite a few times and it has never spilled or exploded.

I don't use talcum powder to often after baths or showers but when I do I find it works best after having a quick dry off with a towel first. A light sprinkle of powder rubbed in after this works a treat and keeps your skin dry and feeling smooth. Despite it being slightly fragrenced, I haven't really noticed any smell, apart from the normal talcum powder "smell".

I also use it a lot in my running and cycling shoes to dry off my feet during races. I put a big "squirt" of it into the shoe and then dust it around to cover all of the inside. I find that this works really well to dry my feet if they are wet during and running or cycling race. Even if I have socks on that are soaked, I still find that it makes a noticeable difference to make my feet a bit more comfortable.

I've had this bottle for a couple of years now and there is still about half left in the bottle. If you use it sparingly like me then it will last you forever. To buy it the shops it will cost you no more than £2 from any good chemist. As it's made by Nivea you can expect it to be good and it definitely is. I like that it is a simple, plain bottle as it means all you pay for is the talc and not fancy packaging. Despite being so plain and simple, I don't think it would look out of place alongside other bathroom products.

If you want to feel dry and you skin to feel smooth when you get out of the bath or shower then this is definitely what you want. There is no need spending more on other brands that have fancy packaging. Nivea gives you a great product at a great price.
Summary: Great value Talc from a leading brand.
This review may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment