Saturday 22 January 2011

Garnier Pure Active Blackhead Cleaning Scrub


Advantages: Does actually work, not harsh on skin, leaves skin feeling clean.
Disadvantages: You have to perservere with it to see results.
I have, and still do a bit, suffered from spots/acne in the past and have tried many different skin care products to try do get rid of it. The one that pretty much eradicated them was a Benzoyl cream from the doctors. Whilst it worked well, I wanted something a bit less harsh on my skin that I could use on a daily basis. I eventually came to this wash, the Garnier Pure Active Blackhead Clearing Scrub.

I started using it about a year ago when I ran out of a different product and this was the one I bought to replace it. I was meant to get the one I normally use, but my local supermarket only had this one. On the front it says "Results from Day 1" and it "Helps to fight spots...". Initially I didn't see any results for the first couple of days but I kept using it. After the first couple of weeks I started to see improvements, my skin started to become clearer and it kept it clean.

I usually apply it in the morning in the shower, but if I go swimming or to the gym I also apply it then. It is a simple face wash that comes out of the bottle as a cream with some small blue beads in. As you rub it into your face, the cream lathers up slightly and these beads are broken down to clean your skin. According to the back of the bottle, the bead and a "well known anti bacterial agent" help to clear the blackhead and fight the appearance of spots. It is also said to include an extract from Blueberries that is meant to reduce the appearance of marks.

Salicyclic acid, usually found in aspirin, is also present in the formulation, which is the anti bacterial agent in this case. "Herbasoothe" is also in the formulation which is extract taken from Blueberries.

As a daily wash, I have found it to be very useful is calming spots and keeping my face clean. Used on a daily basis keeps my skin in order and spots away. I do find that if I don't use it for a couple of days then spots do start to appear again, which means that the product must be working.

It comes in a 150ml plastic squeezable bottle and costs about £3.50. This is about the same as similar products on the market but I personally think it is far superior. One bottle will last me about 4-6 weeks, however I usually use 2 bottles at a time, one for at home and another in my gym bag. I usually buy it from my local Sainsbury's when I go shopping, however I know it can be bought from most good chemists. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with spot prone skin who is willing to persevere a couple of weeks to see noticeable improvements. I am going to give this 5/5 because it has worked really well for me and I think it will work as well for other people too.

It is manufactured by Garnier Skincare.
Summary: Great for those with spot prone skin.
This review may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment