Tuesday 25 January 2011

Tesco Magnolia Handwash







Advantages: Cheap, leaves hands soft.
Disadvantages: No discerbable scent.
I bought this about 4 months ago when the handwash ran out in our bathroom and it was my turn to buy it. As I couldn't be bothered to go far, I popped to the Tesco Express at the bottom of my road and got the cheapest I could find. That happened to be this wash.

As I live in a house with two other students, I didn't want to spend much as I expected it would run out very quickly and would need replacing. I was completely wrong, 4 months later and we are still using the same bottle. For the 60p that I paid for it, it has lasted exceptionally well.

It comes in a 500ml plastic bottle with a plastic pump on top for easy dispense. On the front is a very inconspicuous label with all the basics and a nice picture of a flower. On the rear all the usual details can be found. For the price I paid, I would expect it to be a cheap looking bottle but it definitely is not that, it looks a lot more expensive than it actually is and would fit in any bathroom quite easily.

It claims on the front that is a "Magnolia & Silk" handwash, so I would of expected some scent to it. I have never actually noticed a scent to it, however its pearl colour suggests to me that this is more what they are referring to. As a handwash it works very well. You only need to dispense a small amount of the runny handwash onto you hand for it to work up a good lather and clean your hands. A lot of cheaper handwashes can have a tendency to leave your hands feeling dry but this does not at all. Coincidentally, it leaves them feeling silky soft!

As a handwash, it does exactly what it says on the bottle for what is an exceptional price. I expected a cheap and nasty handwash that would only last a few weeks, instead I got a great handwash that is just as good as some of the leading brands, for a fraction of the price.

When you are shopping in Tesco's next and are on the lookout for a new handwash, give this one a try, it's worth it!

A quick look on Tesco's website today shows that it now costs 61p, which is still very cheap!
Summary: Great handwash for the price!
This review may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment