Thursday 20 January 2011

Vaseline Aloe Vera Lip Therapy Tin


Advantages: Inconspicuous size, lasts forever.
Disadvantages: Unsure what the added Aloe Vera does.
This has to be one of my most useful products that I buy over the autumn and winter months. On the coldest of days, this little tin can prove to be an essential!

The 20g of Vaseline comes in a small metal tin approximately 4cm in diameter an 1cm deep. It is green and white on the outside, which is different to the standard Vaseline colours of blue and white as this has added Aloe Vera. It's small size and colour scheme make it easy to carry round in a bag or coat pocket and quite inconspicuous when using it in public.

It says on the top that it is "Lip Therapy" and on the side that it "Sooths Dry Skin and Lips". I use this only on my lips as in the cold I find that they can become dry and cracked very easily. A quick application before I go out stops all dryness and protects them very well. When applied, you know that you have it on as you can feel that slightly greasy feeling of Vaseline on your lips. However, this greasy feeling does not stick on your finger after applying as it easily comes off.

The most useful application for this is to apply it before I go out for a run. Normally running in cold weather drys and cracks my lips very quickly, but with this on they stay protected through-out (unless I accidentally lick it off!).

I have never actually noticed any difference with the added Aloe Vera however there must be some difference as they would not add it in for no reason.

The tin cost me around £1 from my local chemist in November and I still have about half of it left. This shows good longevity and value for money. I'll definitely buy another tin next autumn. I may not get the Aloe Vera again though as I would like to try one of the other "Lip Therapy" tins that they have.

For those interested, it is manufactured by UniLever in Norway and the ingredients are:
Petrolatum, Aroma, Isopropyl Myristate, Aloe Barbadensis, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool.
Summary: A winter essential!
This review may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment