Tuesday 22 February 2011

Speedo Speed Socket Swimming Goggles

Advantages: Last ages, good fit, adjustable nose clip.
Disadvantages: Price.
As a triathlete and swimmer, buying goggles has become a regular occurrence for me as they can break or get lost very easily. I have always bought a couple of pairs in the past, one for training and a couple for racing in. I initially decided to buy these as they are designed for racing and look great, however I use them all of the time now.

I got these from JJB last year to replace an identical pair that broke as they were brilliant to race in. After I bought these my training goggles broke, so I decided to swim in these. At first I found the fit round the eyes slightly tight, but after a while they became more comfortable. The most ingenious feature of these goggles in the adjustable nose clip. They come with 3 different sized nose clips which can be changed around depending on the size of your nose and how the goggles sit round your eyes. I decided to use the middle size and I have fitted it upside down as it suits my nose shape more.

The goggles are sealed round your eyes by a piece of thin black rubber that follows the contours of your face well and provides a great seal. There are 2 straps that are highly adjustable and are very comfortable. My goggles have a black rim and strap and then have dark blue eye pieces. These look very good and they are made out of a strong plastic material that is very durable and doesn't seem to of been eroded by the chlorine in the pool. As the lenses are built into the main frame of the eye piece, there is no problem of the lens being pushed out when putting them on.

My goggles came with a small mesh pouch that the goggles can be stored in along with the spare nose pieces. This is a great addition as when you have wet goggles, they can be put in here and then in your bag and they will be dry when you next get them out. The mesh bag is black with a small tag on the side that has the Speedo logo on it.

I have always found the swimming products from Speedo to be of excellent quality in the past and these goggles have shown that there products are still well made. I paid about £18 for these goggles a year ago and for the price I am very pleased. I now have another spare pair of goggles that cost me £3.50 (highly discounted) which do not match the quality at all of these. If you are a club swimmer or just like to swim every now and then then these goggles will be perfect for you. They may be expensive, but they will last you for a long time. 5/5 as they are the best I have used.
Summary: Great goggles for anyone

1 comment:

  1. Teton Pry Bar | TITIAN ART | ATITIAN ART | TIPS
    Teton Pry Bar | TITIAN ART thinkpad x1 titanium | TITIAN ART titanium tube | TITIAN ART | TIPS. Teton Pry Bar. $9.99. $7.99. Add titanium coating to cart. Add to tungsten titanium list. Categories: TENSION ART. Rating: 5 micro touch titanium trim · ‎2 reviews

    ReplyDelete