Tuesday 22 February 2011

What Happens in Vegas... (DVD)

Advantages: Good supporting actor, some funny parts,
Disadvantages: Kind of predictable,
As we wanted a film to watch last night, we headed up to Sainsbury's to pick something from there cheap DVD's. We ended up with this film, What Happens in Vegas.

Based in New York it features Cameron Diaz (Joy) as a "boring" stock exchange trader who gets dumped by her boyfriend and Ashton Kutcher (Jack) as a "slacker" who can never seem to see anything to the finish. Separately they both decide to go to Las Vegas with their friends to get away from everything, but after a mix up in the hotel they end up going for a drink together. One drink turns into many, and Jack ends up winning $3 million on a slot machine which starts a huge row between Jack and Joy. The rest of the film shows the ensuing rows, quarrels between the two over money and other things.

As a rom-com, I didn't have the highest expectations of this film as from the many I have seen, they can tend to be quite predictable. This film was predictable, however the scenario was different to others I've seen and how the romance "builds" was quite funny. From start to finish, I don't think I drifted away from the film or found any part dull enough to turn it off. This for me makes it a good film as usually if the first 20 minutes are boring then I won't watch the rest. The acting in this film was what I would of expected by the two actors. There wasn't anything spectacular but it was overall pretty average. Jack was supported by Rob Corddry (Hater) who provided many jokes and a good comedic backup to the main star. You see how the goes from hating Joy to liking her at the end of the film.

Overall, this is a good film and as it only cost me £4 on DVD I'm glad with the cost to film quality that we got. I wouldn't pay any more for the film as it isn't exceptional, however if you are looking for a good rom-com with good jokes and average acting then it is worth a watch. I would recommend it to friends and would probably watch it again. Overall, I would give it 3/5 as it is a good film if you want something easy to watch but it is nothing exceptional.

This review may also appear on Ciao under the same name.
Summary: Good film if you want something easy to watch.
This review may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment