Thursday 20 January 2011

Busbi 8Gb USB Drive - Portable Storage

Advantages: Very hard wearing, large memory.
Disadvantages: Clip has snapped off.
This has been one of many USB memory sticks that I have had in the last few years as I have quite a habit of losing them. After looking through the Argos catalogue for one, I stumbled across this one for about £10, which was very good value for it a couple of years ago.

As stated, its capacity is 8Gb, which for me is more than sufficient. This is roughly equivalent to nearly 2000 songs, so very big! It is made of what feels like a black rubber material which has so far made it very hardy to being bashed about. To plug it into your computer, you simply remove the black cap that protects the USB from damage. There is no clip to hold it on, it simply slides on and off. Initially I was worried it would fall off and I would lose it but it actually stays on really well. Once the cap is removed, it simply plugs into the USB port on your computer or laptop.

On the first use, the computer will install any drivers it needs to automatically, which only takes a few seconds. Once this is done you are free to use it however needed. Adding files is simply done by dragging them from one folder and dropping them into the memory sticks folder. It couldn't be easier. I have only ever used this on Windows computers to great success, however I have never used it on a Mac so I can not vouch for its performance there.

On the end there is a chrome keyring clip, which is great for attaching it to your keyring or lanyard to keep it safe. For the past two years I have had it attached to a lanyard so I don't lose it, however just before the end of December it finally broke off. This has not affected the use of the memory stick in anyway, it just means that I have to be more careful in looking after it. There is also a red LED light on it by the keyring clip which flashes when the USB is in use.

It is about 5mm deep, 1cm wide and about 5cm long. For a memory stick this is reasonably small, but not too small that it will be lost easily. If you are in need of a memory stick and want one that will look professional, is good value for money and will last you a long time, then it is well worth looking out for this one. Everything about it has proved to be excellent. Others I have used in the past have been plasticy and have broken or been lost easily whereas this has a solid, durable construction that will take anything (probably not water) that you throw at it.

Definitely needs to be rated 5/5 for providing me with quality portable data storage for the last few years.
Summary: Best I've had in years

This review may also appear on Dooyoo and Ciao under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment