Wednesday 19 January 2011

Head Titanium 900 Badminton Racquet

Advantages: Light weight, durable, low cost.
Disadvantages: Grip could be too small for some people.
As I have started to play Badminton quite recently with friends, I wanted to have my own racquet to use instead of the cheap hire ones from the sports centre. I didn't want to spend too much on one though, so I went to Sports Direct in the Bullring as I knew they would have some cheap but good quality ones.

The racquet I went for and am reviewing is the "Head Titanium 900" in a black, grey and white colour combination. Aesthetically it looks very good with white grip tape and strings and then bands of the other colours on the frame itself. It has the Head logo printed in black on the strings also.

This racquet is very light compared to come I have used before with it being only 102g. In a game this makes it to be very light through the air and very easy to make difficult or powerful shots. I have found that since purchasing this racquet that my aim is a lot better as the shuttlecock is now going where I want it to rather than all over the place!

The grip size for my particular racquet is "G3" which suits my hand very well. I feel it may be suitable for most as others who have tried my racquet have found it to be very comfortable to use.

With the racquet came a full length padded zip up cover for it made of synthetic material. This looks very good and is very comfortable to carry over one shoulder with the strap on it.

I'm not the most knowledgeable badminton player but on the racquet there is a sticker with the tension and flex of the racquet. For anyone who is interested they are: Flex = Stiff, Tension = 20-22lbs.

When purchasing this just after the summer, I paid just over £20 for it in SportsDirect. This is quite heavily discounted from its RRP as from looking online similar racquets sell for excess of £50. I am very pleased with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking at starting playing or even looking to upgrade racquets.
Summary: Great starter or intermediate racquet for any badminton player.
 Review also appears on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: racquetball racquet

    ReplyDelete