Wednesday 19 January 2011

Bye Bye Dry Skin - E45 Cream

Advantages: Low cost, only a small application needed, non-scented.
Disadvantages: None that I could find.
I have bought the tube of E45 cream for the last couple of years now as it comes in handy occasionally. I first bought it after trying some of my sisters when my hands had become quite rough from the cold one winter. With only a small amount used, I found that it had started to make my hands look and feel a lot better. With that great success I went out and bought a tube of my own.

For there 50g tube, I paid about £1.60 from Boots a couple of weeks ago, which compared to the price of it in Asda (~£3), is an absolute bargain. 50g may sound small, but the tube is about 12cm tall and contains a lot of moisturiser. I find that with occasional use a tube will last me about 6 months.

On the back of the tube, it is described as "unperfumed an non-greasy" which is exactly what it is. It contains no fragrances or scents which is great if you don't want people to notice it and once rubbed in, it does not leave that greasy feeling behind like other moisturisers can do. It does take a bit of rubbing in, but once applied it will leave your skin feeling great for quite a while.

It can be used on dry, flaking, chapped or sunburnt skin as well as the following skin conditions: eczema, dermatitis, ichthyosis and some cases of psoriasis. Clearly if it can be used to help some of these serious cases then it must have a lot of scientific research behind the formulation to ensure it works.

I have used it only on dry hands and feet, and in both cases it has worked wonderfully. As I run a reasonable amount, my feet have a habit of becoming dry around my heel and so applying this every now and then helps to supple up the skin and make it a lot more comfortable. On my hands, they occasionally become dry from either the cold or washing them too much but with a small application of this the problem is quickly eradicated and my skin is back to feeling smooth again.

For those interested, the active ingredients are (from label): White Soft Paraffin BP 14.5% w/w, Light Liquid Paraffin Ph Eur 12.6% w/w, Hypo-allergenic Anhydrous Lanolin 1.0% w/w.
It also contains: Glyceryl Monostearate, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cetostearyl Sulphate, Carbomer, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate, Purified Water.

I've tried other moisturisers in the past, some of which have worked as well, some which haven't, however I have found this to be my favourite due to being non-scented, relatively low cost and it provides great results. If you have not tried this before and are looking for a simple but effective moisturiser for regular or occasional use then this is definitely for you.
Summary: The best moisturiser I have tried!
Review can also be found on Dooyoo and Ciao under the username Qroo

No comments:

Post a Comment