Saturday 29 January 2011

Sainsbury's Ibuprofen Tablets B.P 200mg

Advantages: Fast pain relief, cheap, does what it says on the pack.
Disadvantages: Sometimes not always effective.
I buy ibuprofen quite regularly as it has helped to take one if my muscles are aching after a hard race. I have started to buy these ones as Sainsbury's is my closed shop and sell the cheapest ibuprofen.

They comes in a red and white box that measures 7cm x 6cm x 2.5cm. On the front it says what it is with a Braille spots raised on it as well, so the blind can read it too. It says that there are 16 tablets in the pack. On the back, it contains the uses for it, dosage, warnings and other details. Opening up the pack, there are 2 plastic trays that contain 8 sugar coated tablets each and a patient information leaflet.

Ibuprofen belong to a class of medicines that can be used for pain relief, anti inflammatory and temperature reduction.

The recommended dose is 1-2 tablets three times a day, however I only ever take one at a time as I don't use them often. I find that 1 tablet can usually help to ease any muscle pain that I have quite quickly. The effects last for a few hours, after which you can start to feel it wearing off. For the price (~30p), these are very good ibuprofen tablets that I can highly recommend. They are quite fast acting, do what they are supposed to do and nice and cheap. I have found that for more serious pains and inflammation, I have had to buy more expensive ibuprofen that has a higher dose than the 200mg that these have.

Overall these are a great product that can be used to help relieve many problems that you may face. For the price you can't go wrong with them and they are worth the money. They are only available at Sainsburys so they could be hard for you to buy.
   
Summary: Great for the price and does what it says on the pack.
This review may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment