Friday 28 January 2011

Glade Solid Air Freshener


Advantages: Seems to mask bad odours well, lasts a long time.
Disadvantages: Doesn't look good, smell up close is horrible.
I own the Glade Lavender Air Fresher block and have had it since I moved into my current house 6 months ago. I bought it as I wanted my room to smell fresh through-out the day.

I bought this from my local Sainsbury's store for about £1, maybe more but it was a while ago that I bought it. It comes as a white plastic container with a sticker on the front that has the Glade logo and an explanation of the product. The air freshener is 15cm tall by 8cm wide and 5cm deep. To open it up for use you peel off the front sticker to expose and a series of holes on the front with a purple gel like substance behind it. All you have to do now is place it wherever you want.

Initially I placed mine by my window so that when my window was open the smell wafted through my room. This did work to an extent as at first I did notice the lavender smell which was very nice but after a while I think I got used to it and didn't notice it as much. As the winter drew in, I moved it to on top of my wardrobe, where it still resides. I don't notice the smell of it any more but I do find that there are rarely any bad odours in my room. On top of my wardrobe it is not noticeable and it stays up there easily as it has a flat base on the plastic casing. The gel inside it has now shrunk to be about a fifth of the size it originally was. This must mean that it is constantly releasing a fragrance into the air. To of lasted this long I am very happy. I would of expected it to only last a couple of months.

I would advise you not to sniff it up close though as the smell that close reminds me of public toilets! The plastic casing is not the most aesthetically friendly, however it can be tucked away into corners or behind objects to make it less noticeable.

For the price, it is good value for money as it lasts a long time and keeps the room smelling reasonably fresh, however as it does last so long, you become accustomed to the smell and so don't notice it any more. The lavender smell from a distance is nice and refreshing and does a good job of masking any bad odours but I think it needs something extra in it to make it stand out as a great product. For the job it does it is fine, but if you want something that looks good and is noticeable then this is probably not the product for you, however if you want something cheap that does an adequate job then this is worth trying.

When I bought it, it came in a couple of different fragrances. I assume there are others now but you would have to check your local shops to be certain.

Overall, this will get a 3/5 because the container isn't too nice, it isn't noticeable after a while and the smell up close isn't nice.
Summary: Alright if you tuck it behind something, could do with something extra to make it more noticeable.
This may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment