Wednesday 16 February 2011

Radox Refresh Shower Gel & Shampoo

Advantages: Cleans well and the smell does not linger
Disadvantages: Smell is not nice compared to other brands used.
I go through quite a lot of shower gel, what with using it at the gym and at home, so a bottle won't normally last too long for me. Therefore when buying it, I always look out for the best offer possible to save me the most money. When I bought this, I got it on an exceptional offer, buy 1 get 2 free!

The bottle itself it 19cm x 8cm x 3cm and holds 250ml of the 2 in 1 shower gel. The bottle is clear so that you can see the green gel on the inside. The front label is also clear but has the Radox logo, some text and my bottle has a plant image on it as well. The rear contains all the usual information that can be found. The cap for the bottle is green and is located on the bottom, which it also stands upon, whereas on the top there is a hook that can be used to hang in your shower. This a very handy feature as it can save space on the floor of your shower.

The gel is a green and despite it saying it has added citrus and eucalyptus oils, it smells nothing like them. Sadly it smells a bit like cheap toilet cleaner. For a good brand such as Radox, I am highly disappointed in this, however when you wash with it, the smell doesn't linger. The gel is translucent and quite runny which makes it really easy to wash with and to produce a lot of lather. It really cleans well, especially with a good flannel to remove even the toughest of stains! For me it has quite easily removed oil and permanent marker from my skin. As it lathers up well, you don't have to use much of it each time, which has meant it has lasted quite a while for me. I have only used it as a shampoo once and I found it to be okay, but not as good as proper shampoo.

For the price I paid I was quite pleased as I got 3 bottles for the price of 1, however I don't think I will be buying this particular bottle again as it the smell is not nice at all. I have tried other Radox shower gels and they do smell a lot nicer. One of my favourite was a lemon/citrus scent which was quite strong and really woke me up in the morning. I am only going to give this 3/5 as despite the great deal I got it in, the smell is just too off putting.

This review may also appear on Ciao under the same username.
Summary: Okay but wouldn't buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment