Wednesday 16 February 2011

Technika Wired Optical Mouse

Advantages: Cheap, works well, lasts forever
Disadvantages: Grippers get dirty and need cleaning
Some of the Technika range can be a bit dodgy, whereas some of it is really good value for money. This optical mouse is one of the better products from the Tesco electronics range.

This mouse is an optical mouse, rather than the old style "ball" mouse. This means that there is a small light on the bottom of the mouse which tracks your movement, rather than the traditional ones where the ball revolves when you move it. This means that you no longer have to clean the ball when it gets dirty!

The mouse itself cost about £5 from my local Tesco's store, which is much cheaper than other branded models. It came in quite a large box for the size of the mouse, but inside was the mouse, some literature and a driver CD. As I knew the CD wouldn't be needed as it is only a mouse, I plugged the mouse into my computer via the USB cable. The computer quickly installed its own driver and then the mouse was operational. Really quick and really easy. If your having troubles with you mouse not working, have a look at the light on the bottom, if it is not on then there will be a problem with your connection or setup and you may have to use the CD.

I have had the mouse for about 2 years now and I have not had any problems with it since purchase. All the buttons still work fine and the scroll wheel still does its job. I do find that the small plastic gripper pads on the bottom collect dirt and dust quite quickly and so need to be cleaned off. Apart from that the mouse is still perfect.

It has beaten my expectations greatly and I can highly recommend it. It may be a cheap brand but it acts and works like a more expensive brand and is just as good as other brands I have used. If you are in need of a new mouse then I would recommend this one. I would give it 5/5 as it brilliant value for money.

Review may also appear on Ciao under the same username.
Summary: Great value mouse for computers and laptops.

1 comment:

  1. please reply quickly -

    do you know how to get inside it? i lately dropped it down the stairs, and the front buttons have come out of place and no longer work, and the scroll needs putting back into place - not much, but i cant figure how to get inside it?!

    ReplyDelete