Wednesday 19 January 2011

Nivea for Men Sensitive Shaving Foam


Advantages: Irritation free, smooth finish.
Disadvantages: Initial cost could be off putting.
I've suffered from rough skin after shaving before and after eliminating the blunt razor as a possible cause I needed to find a shaving foam that would suit my skin a lot better. After hunting through Boots I found that Nivea produce a foam just for sensitive skin. This was just what I was looking for, and at a reasonable price too!

I pay around £3 for a 200ml can of this each time from Boots, which in comparison with other brands isn't too bad. I've bought cheaper brands in the past, but as stated above I've had problems. With this foam though, it contains there "UltraGlide" technology which in there words helps with razor glide, gives a close shave and helps protect against irritation. When using, I've not noticed any real differences in the glide but there are definite differences in the in the shave and skin protection.

After a shave my skin feels incredibly smooth to the touch and irritation free. There is no roughness to the skin which I have experienced before and rarely any cuts. It feels like there is some moisturising effects in it as my skin feels like it has been moisturised.

It contains Aloe Vera and Vitamin F in the formulation that apparently helps to heal and moisturise the skin, which in my experience it does. The foam is dispensed from a nozzle on the top, which has a clear cap to cover it. It is overall quite an aesthetically pleasing can which won't make your bathroom look "cheap".

I've been using this now for about 18 months and as of yet have had no problems whatsoever with it. My current can has lasted for about 4 months and still has a fair bit left in it, so in value for money sense it is very good. I use it with a Wilkinson Sword Quattro Razor which works very well with it to give a neat and clean cut.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin and finds other brands to be irritable and drying to the skin. For its price, long lasting life and the excellent moisturising effects then it is well worth its price. 5/5
Summary: Great for delicate skin types.
 This review may also appear on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment