Thursday 20 January 2011

Wilkinson Sword Blades - As Sharp as a Fox!


Advantages: Very sharp blades, rear single blade an excellent feature.
Disadvantages: The blue strip doesn't always turn white by the time the blades are blunt.
I normally buy these blades along with the actual razor itself as they are usually on offer at local supermarkets which makes it cheaper to buy it new rather than just the blades itself. However in this review I will look at the blades only.

As you can tell from the picture and the name, there are four blades on the front and then on the rear there is an extra single blade that can be used for trimming or neatening areas. On first use of a new blade, you can feel the quality and sharpness of the blades. The cut that these blades give is very good and you feel very smooth afterwards.

The rear single blade I rarely use myself, however when I have used it for neatening little bits round nose and ears it has been very useful and very precise. On the front there is the blue strip along the top which acts as a guide as yo how worn the blade is. When new, it is blue but as you use it this blue fades and eventually goes white. When it turns white it is time to replace the blade.

Personally I like to replace blades every few weeks, however I have had them last for a few months quite easily before and they still gave a brilliant cut each time. With some blades I have found them to roughen up my skin a little, however with these there is no such problem. I use Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream with these blades and this combination works a treat and leaves my skin silky smooth.

They attach to the razor via a simple clip mechanism. Just push the razor head into the rear of the blade and it clips in by itself. The blade is on a pivot with the razor handle which means that it will move up and downwards by a few degrees which makes going around the contours on your face very easy. I've used razors without this feature and I wouldn't be able to do without it now.

If your in need of a new razor sometime soon then I would highly recommend you choosing this one. I paid around ~£4 for the razor and 4 blades a few months ago and I will definitely continue to use Wilkinson Sword in the future. I'm not too sure on the price of the blades individually but when I bought my last razor they were slightly more expensive than the pack I bought.
Summary: Overall very good for the price and give a great shave.
This review may feature on Ciao and Dooyoo under the username Qroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment